The 150mm Water And Rodent Back Flow Valve comprises a Type 0 Anti-flooding device as per EN 13564-1:2002 (non-return valve) for use in commercial or domestic lateral drains serving multiple properties.
The Buffalo Non Return Valve fits clay and plastic 6 inch or 150mm pipes, and stops the back flow of water, vermin and noxious fumes entering a property through the pipe or sewerage line.
The backfow flap valve can be inserted at the end of a pipe to prevent backwater entering from the drainage system
The flap has an inbuilt stainless steel plate to stop rodents biting through, providing efficient pest control. Also prevents noxious fumes from entering properties. Suitable for the food and catering sector.
Manufactured in molded polypropylene body, TPE fins and ring seal, and a stainless steel (SS430) plate in the flap.
Designed as a retrofit device to fit into the outlet of DN150 plastic or 6” clay pipes discharging into brick or concrete chambers or to fit into preformed plastic manhole bases (in accordance with BS EN 1329-1:2000), located external to the building.
A lockable flap allows you to close down entry pipes to inspection chambers to allow essential maintenance to be carried out.
- TPE Elastomeric material complies with the requirements of BS EN 681- 1:1996.
- Polypropylene complies with the requirements of BS EN 1852-1:2009 Clause 4.
- Stainless steel complies with the requirements of BS EN 10088-1:2014 and BS EN 10088-2:2014, Steel number 1.4016 (SS430).
- Force required to dislodge the valve downstream: 20 kg (when inserted in the larger internal dia plastic pipe of 147mm)
- Valve step/lip when inserted into pipe less than 2.5mm
- Minimum internal pipe dia: 146mm
- Maximum internal pipe dia: 152.5mm
- Body inlet cross sectional area: 14262mm2
- Mouth cross section area: 4,682mm2
- The Back Flow Valve automatically closes when backflow occurs and allows the normal flow when backflow ceases.
- In normal flow conditions the Back Flow Valve opens when there is a depth of water in the pipe on the upstream side of 50mm or more.
- Internal surfaces of the Back Flow Valve are smooth.
When installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, there should be a clearance of 2mm between the closure flap and the adjacent wall of the channel.
- ‘Universal’ wording refers to the valve able to fit both clay and plastic.
- The valve fits all in line straight inlets to all inspection chamber bases.
- Forcing the product may cause damage.
- All the of the valve’s rubber fins must be in the pipe. If any of the rubber fins are exposed, then the product is not fully inserted and not installed correctly.