The innovative patented design acts essentially as a standard airbrick allowing unrestricted airflow underneath the property, yet under flood conditions uses the rising water to automatically shut off, inhibiting access through the airbricks and therefore flooding underneath the property. Unlike sandbags and covers no flood warning or pre flood intervention is required.
The SMART Airbrick® achieved the BBA PPA No06/P001 and Kite Mark PAS 1188-1:2009, requires no external power supply to operate and can be easily cleaned post flooding, providing protection 24/7 over and over again. Patent No. GB 2397592 (A).
- Automatic device
- Permanently fitted
- Inhibits water passing through the airbrick
- Floatation valve to block passage of water before entry
- More efficient than flap type valves
- No mesh/filter to restrict airflow which could cause damp and dry rot when clogged
- Straight replacement for a standard clay airbrick
- Easily fitted by any competent builder
- Only simple regular maintenance required – modular design so can be disassembled to clean post flood
- Compliant with BS 493:1995 – airbricks and gratings for co-ordinating size, impact testing and free airspace (nominal 1800mm²)
- Very High Quality components and construction
- Proven to work in real floods and over 350 hours of independent tests with all types of representative flood fluids including wave and flow testing
- Achieved the BBA PPA No06/P001
- Achieved Kite Mark PAS 1188-1:2009
- Extremely effective and simple
- Handmade in England, every batch tested.
- Will function over and over again
- Works independently from all household services.
- Potential energy saving feature at wind speeds in excess of 30mph
- Full back up replacement parts available